Wednesday, July 20, 2011

FA baptism by fire!

What a crazy day yesterday!!!
My first day of my IOE we only had one flight and we took our time, I could ask tons of questions etc. My second day was NOTHING like that!
We got to the Milwaukee airport early, when we got there the plane wasn't there yet. We waited 90 mins for it to show up. So by the time it did there we were in a serious rush! Great for my first preflight of the aircraft....not! I was so flustered and turned upside down by the time the passengers boarded.
Everyone got on the plane and we had a lot of kids on a very late evening flight, that in itself was fun! Then we diverted 45 mins out of the way of a storm, and by the time we landed in Denver we had been switched from gate to gate due to other late flights. We sat on the ground for awhile, and finally got to a gate.
By the time all was said and done we left for Saskatoon 2 hours late!!! Craziness! I also got to experience working in turbulence for the first time, I have now fondly named that "Cloud Surfing" because if you look at me, my legs are spread out and squatted like I'm on a surfboard and you have to lean on overhead bins or walls etc! My balance is gonna be killer from this job!
All in all, it wasn't horrible but I'm really hoping today goes a little smoother. I'm incredibly grateful that I've had excellent passengers that have been very very kind when they figured out how green I am! They tell me I do a good job, which goes a LONG way when you feel like you've completely butchered the flight!
Time to get ready to soar again! See you in Cody WY tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment